viper n : venomous Old World snakes characterized by hollow venom-conducting fangs in the upper jaw
- Rhymes: -aɪpə(r)
- Bulgarian: змия
- Czech: zmije
- Dutch: adder
- Esperanto: vipero, vipuro
- Finnish: kyy, kyykäärme
- French: vipère
- German: Kreuzotter , Viper
- Greek: έχιδνα (ekhidna) , οχιά (okhia)
- Hebrew: צפע
- Hungarian: vipera
- Korean: 독사 (毒蛇, dogsa, doksa)
- Latin: vipera
- Lithuanian: angis
- Polish: żmija
- Portuguese: víbora
- Romanian: năpârcă
- Russian: гадюка /gad'úka/
- Slovene: gad
- Spanish: víbora
- Swedish: huggorm
Viper and similar may refer to:
- Viper, any member of the family Viperidae, a group of snakes found throughout Africa, Eurasia and the Americas.
- Viper, Agkistrodon piscivorus, a.k.a. the cottonmouth, a venomous snake found in North America.
- Viper, Heterodon platirhinos, a harmless colubrid found in North America.
- Viperfish, any member of the genus Chauliodus, a deepwater fish.
Computers and computer Science
Aircraft and missiles
- Viper, a nickname for the F-16 Fighting Falcon jet fighter
- Viperjet, a civilian jet aircraft made from a kit
- Dornier Flugzeugwerke Viper air-to-air missile
- Giant Viper, a rocket-propelled hose filled with explosives, used in military de-mining.
- Rolls-Royce Viper a jet engine first produced by Armstrong Siddeley then Bristol and later by Rolls-Royce
- Viper (rocket), an anti-tank guided missile
- Wolseley Viper, a V8 aero engine produced by Wolseley Motor Company
- Viper Dart and Viper Falcon, types of sounding rockets based on the Loki (rocket)
- Viper AGM-80A, an air-to-surface missile
- HMLA-169 - United States Marine Corps helicopter squadron known as the Vipers.
- Dodge Viper, a performance automobile produced by Dodge
- VIPIR (radar), a weather radar system
- MicViper, a reference design from Micronas for a dual-channel ATSC receiver PCI Express card
- Viper Security System, a car security system manufactured by Directed Electronics, Inc.
- VIPeR is a robot developed by Israeli company Elbit Systems intended for use in warfare.
- Viper is one of three Mega-Looper roller coasters manufactured by Arrow Dynamics.
Film and TV
- Viper (TV series), an American television series about a morphing Dodge Viper used to fight crime
- Colonial Viper, a fictional starfighter class used in the television series Battlestar Galactica
- Thompson Viper, a FilmStream camera
- Viper (porn star), an adult film star in the 1980s and early 1990s
- Dr. Viper, a villain on SWAT Kats.
- Viper (Chuck Berlinger), a gladiator on the fourth season of American Gladiators
- Viper (Sgt. Frog), a fictional character in the anime series Sgt. Frog.
- Steel Viper, a thrill ride at Valleyfair amusement park in Shakopee, Minnesota
- Viper Squad, the enemies of Manta Force in the Manta toyline
- Viper (G.I. Joe), the general name of several types of soldiers from the Cobra Organization in the G.I. Joe universe toyline
- Viper Hyper Animation series, a hentai computer game series by Sogna
- VIPER (Hero System), a.k.a. "VIPER: Coils of the Serpent", published by Hero Games for their Hero System
- Viper (Six Flags), a roller coaster at various Six Flags amusement parks
- Viper 5, an SMG in the PC game S.T.A.L.K.E.R
- Viper, a Scourge hero in DotA Allstars (Warcraft III: Frozen Throne map). He is known for as the poisonous dragon with spells that involve poison. He is an agility-based hero.
- The Vic Viper from the Gradius series by Konami
- Viper Records, an New York based independent record label (since 2000)
- The Viper Label, a Liverpool, England based independent record label (since 1999)
- Viper (band), a Brazilian heavy metal band
- The Vipers, an Irish Punk/Pop band of the late 1970s
- Viper, is a colloquial term used in the jazz subculture for a marijuana user
- The Vipers, 60's Psychdelic/Pop band
- "Viper" a track from Mike Oldfield's Tres Lunas album
- Newcastle Vipers, a British ice hockey club playing in the Elite Ice Hockey League
- Rio Grande Valley Vipers, an NBA D-League basketball team based in Hidalgo, Texas
- St. Louis Vipers, a defunct roller hockey team from St. Louis, Missouri
- Tennessee Valley Vipers, an af2 football team based in Huntsville, AL
- Viper (wrestler), a professional wrestler wrestling for NKW
- Viper (drink), a heavily caffeinated drink
- Viper, a term used in 1920s to describe a Heroin addict, also a heavy marijuana user.
- Viper Tactical Gear, a brand of tactical equipment including holsters and pouches.
- VIPER (Video Identification Parade Electronic Recording), a system of identifying suspects by presenting witnesses with, usually moving, images - used increasingly by police in the United Kingdom as an alternative to traditional identity parades.
- VIPER, the name used before July 2006 for Vanguard exchange-traded funds
- VIPER is a type of rebreather
viper in German: Viper
viper in French: Viper
viper in Italian: Viper
viper in Dutch: Viper
viper in Japanese: バイパー
viper in Polish: Viper
viper in Chinese: 毒蛇 (消歧义)